JURIED SHOW INFORMATION AND ENTRY FORM
The National Collage Society is hosting its 30th Annual Juried Exhibit at the Center for Visual Art, Metropolitan State University of Denver in Denver, CO. It will also be presented online. This exhibit will count toward your NCS Signature Membership.
Center for Visual Art, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver, CO
Online at www.nationalcollage.com/2014.html
Entry Deadline: Friday, August 22, 2014
Exhibit Dates: November 21, 2014 to January 24, 2015
• This exhibition is open to all artists
• Work produced in a classroom or under instruction is not eligible
• All works must be ORIGINAL, two or three dimensional, mixed-media glued collage. All work must be well photographed. Work not suitably photographed will be declined by the jury.
• Collages that have been in any previous NCS juried shows are not eligible
JURY OF SELECTION
A jury of selection will review all entries and may choose one or two per eligible artist. Notification of the jury's decisions will be made in October. All results will be sent via e-mail. Please make sure to provide a valid email address to receive your jury results. Mailed entries (CDs and slides) will not be returned.
There will be two types of awards–cash and materials. Award winners will be chosen by the Awards Judge after the show is opened in November. All collages receiving awards will be posted as such on the website.
Each artist may enter one or two 35mm slides or digital entries. Slides, CDs and digital entries are due by August 22, 2014.
- Slides must be 2" x 2" cardboard or thin plastic mounts. Each slide must be marked with the NAME of the artist, TITLE of the collage, SIZE, TOP and ENTRY NUMBER (#1 or #2). Accepted slides will be retained for the permanent collection of the NCS. Slides not accepted will be returned to the artist in the SASE provided by the artist. Two slides are allowed for each 3-D assemblage.
- Digital entries should be jpegs at least 5" x 5" at 300 ppi. Digital entries should have a filename that includes the artists last name as well as the entry number (#1 or #2). Digital entries can be sent on a CD or e-mailed to email@example.com. If sending a CD, please send all entries on one disk. ONLY ENTIRES AND ENTRY FORMS should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other questions and communications should be directed to email@example.com.
The entry fee for the 2014 Juried exhibit is $45.00. If you are already a member and have paid your yearly membership fee then the entry fee is $10.00. This entry fee entitles you to enter up to two pieces of work. Payment can be made in the form of a check payable to NCS, Inc. or through our website (www.nationalcollage.com) using PayPal. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account, only a credit card. Checks and entry forms should be mailed to:
NCS, Inc. 254 West Streetsboro Street, Hudson, OH 44236
Entries are due NO LATER THAN Monday, August 22nd, 2013.